News

FIRE ON CAMPUS

Firefighters secure the sn-w’ey’-mn building here on campus after a small fire broke out.


On Monday, Apr. 25 a small fire involving a vending machine broke out in the sn-w’ey’-nm building on the SFCC campus. The machine sparked and smoked, resulting in the evacuation of building 24, lasting until 12:30 p.m.

Students were barred from entry until the building was deemed safe to enter.

“As soon as I was walking up to class the fire alarm went off and we were being told to evacuate,” said Pavlo Pogoriliy, SFCC student. “I thought it was only a drill at first.”

The Spokane Fire Department responded quickly to contain the fire, there were no injuries.